Saturday, May 24, 2008

On Hillary's hint of Obama assassination today


Everyday, it seems, the Clinton campaign gets dirtier, more vile, and more despicable. Today continued this immaculate trend of filth, with Clinton summoning the horrible assassination of Robert Kennedy in 1968 as the reason she should stay in the race.

Get it? She should stay in the race because, just as Bobby in '68, Obama could be assassinated in June.

Read it if you don't believe me:

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it."
When this primary race began in...January of 2007, I really, really tried to give Senator Clinton a chance. While a tad reptilian, she had always struck me as a brave, fiercely intelligent woman, and despite the numerous scandals and controversies that I knew of (Filegate anyone?), I made a conscientious effort to give Clinton the benefit of the doubt. What a stoopid decision.

And honestly, can we except this latest gaffe on Bobby as an innocent mistake? Just like Mark Penn's repeated comments on Obama's cocaine usage as a teenager was a mistake? Just like the campaign's constant murmur of Barack HUSSEIN Obama, or its equating of Obama to Kenneth Starr, or the leaked photo or Obama in Somalian garb was a mistake? Or, and this is my favorite, the inclusion of Osama bin Laden in a fear-mongering ad before the Pennsylvania primary was just a harmless, honest political point. Give. me. a. break.

This is one of the shrewdest, most cunning, and most heartless politicians of our time. Don't take ANYTHING for granted.

No comments: