Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What am I supposed to write, again?

Before I launch into the first of the many masturbatory excursions this hapless blog will nurse to a pulp, I should give a brief, brief, brief expository on why exactly I am starting this little wonder of technology.

It's a Wednesday afternoon, the sun is shining radiantly, and there is a gentle breeze blowing through my window, casting a faint air of humanity in my stuffy lair of technology, books, and iPods. Officially, I have been on summer break for a full week now, and while it has been one of the fucking greatest weeks of my life--more on that at later posts--I can't shake this irreconcilable feeling, this overwhelming sense of dread that this is one of the last, true summer vacations of my human existence. Think of it this way. I'm a college student. These are the years of my life where I am supposed to focus, buck down, and really concentrate on the small, sweaty details that compose middle-class American life, one of hard work, minimal vacation, and diminishing marginal returns. In other words, this is the second summer vacation of my college career, but after it concludes, I will only have two left. And then one. And then...well, you get the point. So I suppose I should grin, face the sunlight and make the most of it. Is this blog part of that? Perhaps...

No comments: