Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hillary's speech


Easily the best speech I've seen Clinton give. While I will always take what she says with a grain of salt and a tablespoon of pessimism, this is the most convincing evidence yet of her support for Obama.

The speech itself was rich with one-liners and inspirational anecdotes, and while it still dragged from a mid-section of broad policy statements, the allusions to the first Democratic convention and especially Harriet Tubman were effective.

I'm interested to see how the psycho-fans I mentioned hours ago react to such a bold declaration of support for Obama, but now that Clinton has enrolled in the major prerequisite of party unity, I think it's time that she get some better clothes! Let's hope Michelle can take her down the Magnificent Mile for an afternoon on the town...

No comments: